Principal's Welcome Message
Welcome to Cedarlane Academy, Home of the Thunderbirds, where we put our STUDENTS FIRST!
Our school is a SAFE SCHOOL, and we will be following the Safety Protocols closely!
Please see the Covid-related information, School Plan, Newsletter, and more information on the front of our school website!
Cedarlane Academy is a community of fantastic students, dedicated teachers, supportive parents. We take pride in our K-8 school where we provide marvelous opportunities for all of our students to be successful at our school and beyond.
Our highly qualified teachers and staff inspire and engage our students in the preparation of the 21st Century, ensuring the success of all students. We do this through teaching the Common Core State Standards, using the research-based curriculum, implementing exciting enrichment programs, differentiating instruction, and carefully planning interventions for our diverse students, and teaching that integrates the following 21st Century skills: Rigor, Relationships, Relevance, Use of Technology, Student-centered Classrooms, Student Engagement, Collaboration, Critical Thinking, Creativity, Communication, and Character-building activities in all classrooms. Here are some of our wins and programs that add to our success!:
- Strong support for all students with the highly qualified admin team, teachers, counselor, full-time resource teacher/TOSA, and support staff!
- C-STEM Program for all Kinder~8th-grade students with weekly lessons!
- 2019 Top Public School Award and 2019, 2017, and 2015 CA Honor Roll Award winner!
- Silver Award at the LA County Math Field Day!
- Excellent Science Olympiad team wins (i.e., Div A team tied First Place at the 2017 Science Olympiad (Elementary) Competitions in Los Angeles County)!
- College Board’s SpringBoard Pre-AP Math & English Classes to prepare our middle school students for High School AP Classes and other College and Career Readiness programs for K-8!
- World Language Programs: Korean (Elem) and Chinese (MS) Dual Immersion Programs Daily (50:50); Spanish (MS) and Chinese (K-8) Elective Classes
- Accelerated Math, Honors English, Social Studies, and Science Classes for our GATE/Honors middle school students!
- A variety of exciting elective classes that get our students ready for college and beyond!: STEAM I/STEAM II, Band, Guitar, College-bound/AIM, Technology/Media Arts, Associated Student Body, MakerSpace, C-STEM, Fine Arts, Dance PE, AIM, ELD, and more!
- Sports (Basketball, Cross Country, Softball, Touch Football, Soccer, Volleyball, and etc.), Dance and Cheer Teams!
- Technology use in all classrooms including the 1:1 Laptops and iPads (K-5); Two complete technology labs for all K-8 students!
- Free after-school programs: ASES program from dismissal until 6:00 pm daily for our students; Korean Nanta Drums; Taekwondo; Tutoring, Block Grant Intervention Club; Science Olympiad Teams, Math Team, CyberPatriots Team, Speech & Debate Team, Drama Club, Dance/K-Pop, Anime/Wellness Club, Yearbook, Sports, Cheer Team, Korean Chorus, and Tutoring; Paid: Rembrandt Art, WindTree STEM/3-D Workshops, and more!
- Strong Response to Intervention and character-building activities in all classrooms!
- Leadership growth opportunities for the students!
- Celebrations of student success throughout the year with awards, Success Tickets, Renaissance, rallies, assemblies, and educational trips (including a trip to Catalina Island, Washington D.C., New York, museums, and more! - subject to change)!
- FREE BREAKFAST and LUNCH Daily! Snack and SUPPER for the ASES students!
Our assistant principal, Ms. Lisa Mannino, and I would like to share my enthusiasm and optimism for another strong and successful school year at Cedarlane Academy. I believe with everyone’s commitment to student success, including strong support and participation by the parents, we can achieve our goal to reach every student to be ready for high school, college, and careers.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and support in the new school year. Our staff and I are honored to be here with your children, and we look forward to having a very successful new school year!
“Let’s Team Up to Soar with Pride, Excellence, and Commitment!”
Kim Lee, Principal
Cedarlane Academy (K-8), HLPUSD